In Japan, there’s a place where you can feel untouched nature, and then be part of an exciting world class rally!
Experience local culture, and taste the local cuisine.
A place to discover the rich and fascinating history...Explore Okumikawa, in far eastern Aichi Prefecture.
From nature to traditional festivals, Okumikawa is full of things to do. Enjoy the four seasons of Okumikawa.
Plan your trip! What time of year will you travel to Okumikawa?
Hana Festival (Misono)
Hana Festival (Sakauba, Toyone Village)
Japan Chainsaw Art Competition in Toei
Mt. Horaiji Maple Festival
Hana Festival (Nakazaike)
Hana Festival (Futto)
Okumikawa Power Trail
Hana Festival (Kobayashi)
Hana Festival (Kochi)
THINGS TO DO
Shin Toyone Dam
Japan boasts the world's leading auto industry, but its infrastructure technology is top-tier, too. Here at Shin Toyone Dam, you can go inside the dam to see the wonders of Japan's infrastructure tec…
Mt. Horaiji (with an altitude of 695 meters) is a mountain that was created by volcanic activity approximately 20 million years ago. The mountain's surface has been exposed in places, giving it a bea…
Kyukamura Chausuyama-Kogen is a resort situated on Mt. Chausu, the highest peak in Aichi. With a hotel, cottages, and a camping ground, the resort offers different styles of stay for you to choose fr…
Togashima Onsen Yu-Land Pal Toyone
Do you know "dam curry?" It's Japanese curry rice arranged on a dish to look like a small dam, and is a favorite among dam enthusiasts! The restaurant in this facility located near Shin Toyone Dam se…
Sakurabuchi Park is said to have begun when the lord of the castle who ruled over this region planted some cherry blossom trees there in the 17th century. It is still a beautifully scenic area today,…
Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields
The rice fields constructed like stairs up the mountainside are called senmaida. Yotsuya Senmaida is a collection of beautiful rice fields that extend across Mt. Kurakake. Peaceful scenes like this w…
Encounter History and Culture in an Overnight Forest Accommodation Course
- In Shitara Town, there's a mountain castle with splendid views where you can experience the history…
- 2 days
Health and Beauty Course: Make Your Own Original Cosmetics and Relax at a Hot Spring
- Toei Town is the only place in Japan where high-quality sericite, the raw ingredient used for makin…
- 2 days
Refreshing Nature Course at the Apex of Aichi Prefecture
- The highest point in Aichi Prefecture, Chausuyama Highlands in Toyone Village is a spot where you c…
- 2 days
Japan's Traditional Terraced Rice Fields and Power Spots Course
- Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields in Shinshiro City is a spot where you can encounter the tradi…
- 2 days
SOUVENIRS & GOURMET
- One step outside and you can see a sky full of stars. Shimizukan is one of the few ryokan in Japan that serve halal food to cater to Muslim guests. The hostess speaks English, so if you want to know …
- Bäckerei Minden German Bakery
- The only bakery in Toyone Village. Despite its remote location in the mountains, the bakery is surprisingly visited by many customers who travel long distances to get there. But you will understand w…
- Yagumoen in Kiyosaki
- When summer arrives, you should play in the Samusa River flowing nearby! Here, there's a fishing weir called a "yana" where you can catch sweetfish with your bare hands. Eat the freshly caught fish s…
- Sekiya Brewery Co., Ltd.
- Have you ever come across the best cup of drink—Japanese sake? Japanese sake is manufactured from brewed ground rice. Ranging from sweet to dry tasting, with a well-rounded scent and flower-like frag…