In Japan, there’s a place where you can feel untouched nature, and then be part of an exciting world class rally!
Experience local culture, and taste the local cuisine.
A place to discover the rich and fascinating history...Explore Okumikawa, in far eastern Aichi Prefecture.
From nature to traditional festivals, Okumikawa is full of things to do. Enjoy the four seasons of Okumikawa.
Plan your trip! What time of year will you travel to Okumikawa?
Mt. Horaiji Maple Festival
Hana Festival (Kami-Kurokawa, Toyone Village)
Hana Festival (Tsuki)
Okumikawa Power Trail
Hana Festival (Kochi)
Japan Chainsaw Art Competition in Toei
Hana Festival (Shimo-Kurokawa, Toyone Village)
Hana Festival (Higashisonome)
Hana Festival (Nakashitara)
THINGS TO DO
Historical Village Damine Castle
Damine Castle is a castle of revenge. The two samurai who were ousted from the castle turned it into a sea of blood one year later. Alongside the reconstructed Damine Castle is a burial mound for sev…
Star Forest Misono
The Okumikawa area, where the town of Toei is located, is known as a spot where you can see beautiful stars. At an elevation of 650 meters, Star Forest Misono is one of the best public accommodation …
Forest Adventure SHINSHIRO
Transform into a flying squirrel as you explore the forest! Among the trees at Forest Adventure SHINSHIRO, there are five courses consisting of wooden platforms, stairs, wires, suspension bridges, an…
Mt. Horaiji (with an altitude of 695 meters) is a mountain that was created by volcanic activity approximately 20 million years ago. The mountain's surface has been exposed in places, giving it a bea…
Sakurabuchi Park is said to have begun when the lord of the castle who ruled over this region planted some cherry blossom trees there in the 17th century. It is still a beautifully scenic area today,…
Dando Uradani Virgin Forest Kirara no Mori
"Forest bathing" is a popular activity in America, but it originated from Japanese "shinrinyoku." Why not give it a try in this virgin forest? Kirara no Mori is a natural treasure trove. Here, 200-ye…
Encounter History and Culture in an Overnight Forest Accommodation Course
- In Shitara Town, there's a mountain castle with splendid views where you can experience the history…
- 2 days
Refreshing Nature Course at the Apex of Aichi Prefecture
- The highest point in Aichi Prefecture, Chausuyama Highlands in Toyone Village is a spot where you c…
- 2 days
Health and Beauty Course: Make Your Own Original Cosmetics and Relax at a Hot Spring
- Toei Town is the only place in Japan where high-quality sericite, the raw ingredient used for makin…
- 2 days
Japan's Traditional Terraced Rice Fields and Power Spots Course
- Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields in Shinshiro City is a spot where you can encounter the tradi…
- 2 days
SOUVENIRS & GOURMET
- Yagumoen in Kiyosaki
- When summer arrives, you should play in the Samusa River flowing nearby! Here, there's a fishing weir called a "yana" where you can catch sweetfish with your bare hands. Eat the freshly caught fish s…
- Sekiya Brewery Co., Ltd.
- Have you ever come across the best cup of drink—Japanese sake? Japanese sake is manufactured from brewed ground rice. Ranging from sweet to dry tasting, with a well-rounded scent and flower-like frag…
- Roadside Station Agri Station Nagura
- Cherry blossoms have a very important meaning to Japanese people. If you visit here, you will understand their meaning. Pink cherry blossoms line the Nagura River for as far as 2 kilometers. People w…
- Roadside Station Mokkulu Shinshiro
- Eat up this "Japanese sword!" At Mokkulu Shinshiro, there's a traditional Japanese food that's just like a Japanese sword. The name of that food is the giant gohei-mochi. Gohei-mochi is rice put on …