In Japan, there’s a place where you can feel untouched nature, and then be part of an exciting world class rally!
Experience local culture, and taste the local cuisine.
A place to discover the rich and fascinating history...Explore Okumikawa, in far eastern Aichi Prefecture.
From nature to traditional festivals, Okumikawa is full of things to do. Enjoy the four seasons of Okumikawa.
Plan your trip! What time of year will you travel to Okumikawa?
Damine Kannon Hono Kabuki
Shitaragahara Battlefield Festival
Nagashino Battle Flag Festival
Hana Festival (Sakauba, Toyone Village)
Japanese Rally Championship: Shinshiro Rally
Hana Festival (Tsuki)
Hana Festival (Ashikome)
THINGS TO DO
Historical Village Damine Castle
Damine Castle is a castle of revenge. The two samurai who were ousted from the castle turned it into a sea of blood one year later. Alongside the reconstructed Damine Castle is a burial mound for sev…
Kyukamura Chausuyama-Kogen is a resort situated on Mt. Chausu, the highest peak in Aichi. With a hotel, cottages, and a camping ground, the resort offers different styles of stay for you to choose fr…
Japanese foundation is very popular because it is fine-grained and easy to blend into the skin. The ingredient that makes it so is a mineral called sericite, and the only place in Japan it can be col…
Forest Adventure SHINSHIRO
Transform into a flying squirrel as you explore the forest! Among the trees at Forest Adventure SHINSHIRO, there are five courses consisting of wooden platforms, stairs, wires, suspension bridges, an…
Dando Uradani Virgin Forest Kirara no Mori
"Forest bathing" is a popular activity in America, but it originated from Japanese "shinrinyoku." Why not give it a try in this virgin forest? Kirara no Mori is a natural treasure trove. Here, 200-ye…
Atera no Nanataki Waterfall
Walk through a forest filled with cool air, and head for the waterfall. At the end of a path under moss-covered trees, there's a beautiful, seven-tiered waterfall that spans 62 meters. The water cras…
Japan's Traditional Terraced Rice Fields and Power Spots Course
- Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields in Shinshiro City is a spot where you can encounter the tradi…
- 2 days
Refreshing Nature Course at the Apex of Aichi Prefecture
- The highest point in Aichi Prefecture, Chausuyama Highlands in Toyone Village is a spot where you c…
- 2 days
Encounter History and Culture in an Overnight Forest Accommodation Course
- In Shitara Town, there's a mountain castle with splendid views where you can experience the history…
- 2 days
Health and Beauty Course: Make Your Own Original Cosmetics and Relax at a Hot Spring
- Toei Town is the only place in Japan where high-quality sericite, the raw ingredient used for makin…
- 2 days
SOUVENIRS & GOURMET
- Roadside Station Mokkulu Shinshiro
- Eat up this "Japanese sword!" At Mokkulu Shinshiro, there's a traditional Japanese food that's just like a Japanese sword. The name of that food is the giant gohei-mochi. Gohei-mochi is rice put on …
- Sekiya Brewery Co., Ltd.
- Have you ever come across the best cup of drink—Japanese sake? Japanese sake is manufactured from brewed ground rice. Ranging from sweet to dry tasting, with a well-rounded scent and flower-like frag…
- Yagumoen in Kiyosaki
- When summer arrives, you should play in the Samusa River flowing nearby! Here, there's a fishing weir called a "yana" where you can catch sweetfish with your bare hands. Eat the freshly caught fish s…
- One step outside and you can see a sky full of stars. Shimizukan is one of the few ryokan in Japan that serve halal food to cater to Muslim guests. The hostess speaks English, so if you want to know …