In Japan, there’s a place where you can feel untouched nature, and then be part of an exciting world class rally!
Experience local culture, and taste the local cuisine.
A place to discover the rich and fascinating history...Explore Okumikawa, in far eastern Aichi Prefecture.
From nature to traditional festivals, Okumikawa is full of things to do. Enjoy the four seasons of Okumikawa.
Plan your trip! What time of year will you travel to Okumikawa?
Hana Festival (Nakazaike)
Tominaga-jinja Shrine Annual Grand Festival
Hana Festival (Tsugu)
Mt. Horaiji Maple Festival
Japanese Rally Championship: Shinshiro Rally
Hana Festival (Kami-Kurokawa, Toyone Village)
Hana Festival (Nakashitara)
Hana Festival (Futto)
THINGS TO DO
Japanese foundation is very popular because it is fine-grained and easy to blend into the skin. The ingredient that makes it so is a mineral called sericite, and the only place in Japan it can be col…
Mt. Horaiji (with an altitude of 695 meters) is a mountain that was created by volcanic activity approximately 20 million years ago. The mountain's surface has been exposed in places, giving it a bea…
Enjoy an impressive view of the potholes from the red suspension bridge. A pothole is formed from a hollow in the bedrock. The current moves rocks around in the hollow, expanding it over a long perio…
Historical Village Damine Castle
Damine Castle is a castle of revenge. The two samurai who were ousted from the castle turned it into a sea of blood one year later. Alongside the reconstructed Damine Castle is a burial mound for sev…
The highlands at the foot of Mt. Chausu—the tallest mountain in Aichi—is home to the only ski resort in the prefecture. But the highlands do not only attract visitors in the winter. Many people look …
Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields
The rice fields constructed like stairs up the mountainside are called senmaida. Yotsuya Senmaida is a collection of beautiful rice fields that extend across Mt. Kurakake. Peaceful scenes like this w…
Japan's Traditional Terraced Rice Fields and Power Spots Course
- Yotsuya Senmaida Terraced Rice Fields in Shinshiro City is a spot where you can encounter the tradi…
- 2 days
Health and Beauty Course: Make Your Own Original Cosmetics and Relax at a Hot Spring
- Toei Town is the only place in Japan where high-quality sericite, the raw ingredient used for makin…
- 2 days
Refreshing Nature Course at the Apex of Aichi Prefecture
- The highest point in Aichi Prefecture, Chausuyama Highlands in Toyone Village is a spot where you c…
- 2 days
Encounter History and Culture in an Overnight Forest Accommodation Course
- In Shitara Town, there's a mountain castle with splendid views where you can experience the history…
- 2 days
SOUVENIRS & GOURMET
- Yagumoen in Kiyosaki
- When summer arrives, you should play in the Samusa River flowing nearby! Here, there's a fishing weir called a "yana" where you can catch sweetfish with your bare hands. Eat the freshly caught fish s…
- Bäckerei Minden German Bakery
- The only bakery in Toyone Village. Despite its remote location in the mountains, the bakery is surprisingly visited by many customers who travel long distances to get there. But you will understand w…
- One step outside and you can see a sky full of stars. Shimizukan is one of the few ryokan in Japan that serve halal food to cater to Muslim guests. The hostess speaks English, so if you want to know …
- Sekiya Brewery Co., Ltd.
- Have you ever come across the best cup of drink—Japanese sake? Japanese sake is manufactured from brewed ground rice. Ranging from sweet to dry tasting, with a well-rounded scent and flower-like frag…