The Okumikawa area, where the town of Toei is located, is known as a spot where you can see beautiful stars. At an elevation of 650 meters, Star Forest Misono is one of the best public accommodation facilities in Japan for gazing at the night sky. In order to see the sky full of stars, the lights on facility grounds are lowered as much as possible to create a perfect environment. You will surely enjoy this natural planetarium, only available to overnight guests. The facility has bungalows, a putting green, BBQ grounds, and a cafeteria. It also has a planetarium, where the staff will give a commentary on that night's sky while showing it on the screen. The sight of faraway galaxies, star clusters, and planets that can be observed through the large telescope will surely make you fascinated in the immense world of stars.
Noji 91-1, Misono, Toei Town, Kita-Shitara County, Aichi Prefecture
Days / Hours
- Reception and building are open 9:00-17:00
- Main building: Japanese-style rooms (3, maximum occupancy 6 people each), western-style room (1, maximum occupancy 8 people) Adults: 3,150 yen Children (elementary and junior high school age): 2,100 yen
Bungalows (10, maximum occupancy 6 people each): 12,600 yen each
- Wednesdays (Open every day during Golden Week, spring, summer, and winter holidays) and Dec. 29-Jan. 1
- Phone Number
- 20 parking spaces
Get directions on Google Maps
By Public Transport
- [JR Iida Line] Toei Station → [Bus] Toei Line: Get off at Hongo → [Bus] Misono Line: Get off at Tenmondai-mae
- San-en Nanshin Expressway Horaikyo I.C. → National Route 151 → Key Regional Road Anan Toei Route → Prefectural Road Misono Urakawa Teishajo Route Approx. 50 min. from Horaikyo I.C.