Aichi Prefectural Citizens’ Forest opened in July 1970 as a facility for improving people’s health and recreation through contact with nature against a backdrop of abundant forests and clear streams.
Centered around accommodations in the middle of the woods called “Moritopia Aichi,” this comprehensive facility is equipped with a forest exhibition building, all kinds of campgrounds, various park areas, and hiking courses.
A noteworthy place within the forest is Fudotaki Waterfall.
The clear and clean river water is also an enjoyable place to play.
The green of the forest and the scent of the breeze are surprisingly refreshing.
Thoroughly enjoy a relaxing time surrounded by the great outdoors.
Horaiji 7-60, Kadoya, Shinshiro City
Days / Hours
- Available (An accessible restroom is available inside the accommodation facility.)
- Please confirm on the official website or by phone.
- Mondays (the following day if Monday is a public holiday)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Phone Number
- Barrier-free within accommodation facility “Moritopia Aichi”
Not barrier-free elsewhere
- Neighboring Facilities
- - Chiiwa Gorge
- Horaiji Temple (0536-35-1004)
- Yuya Park (0536-35-1176)
- 200 parking spaces
- Related Web Sites
Aichi Prefectural Citizens’ Forest
Get directions on Google Maps
By Public Transport
- Approx. a 15-min. walk from Mikawa-Makihara Station on the JR Iida Line
- 14.5 km (24 min.) from the Shin-Tomei Expressway Shinshiro I.C. by car
- Approx. 10 min. from San-en Nanshin Expressway Horaikyo I.C. by car
- Approx. 65 min., 30.5 km from the Tomei Expressway Toyokawa I.C. by car