There's a trail running race for the toughest runners from all over Japan right here in Okumikawa. The course measures 70 kilometers long starting at Mt. Chausu, the highest peak in Aichi Prefecture. Taking the cumulative altitude from the climbing height, the course stretches on for 4,000 meters, surpassing the altitude of Mt. Fuji. You can't make it through this difficult course with a half-hearted effort. However, those who have managed to make it to the end have seen the stunning scenic beauty of Okumikawa. Cheers from the main road gallery fire up runners pushing themselves to run as if they've become a part of nature themselves.
Goshodaira 70-185, Sakauba, Toyone Village, Kita-Shitara County, Aichi Prefecture (Chausuyama Highlands)
- Holding Time
- Starting at 6:00 on Sunday, April 22
- Okumikawa area (Shinshiro City, Shitara Town, Toyone Village)
Start: Chausuyama Highlands (Toyone Village)
Goal: Yuya Onsen (Shinshiro City)
- Fureai Park Horai (Approx. 250 parking spaces)
Note: Be aware that you cannot enter the parking lot starting from 0:00 the day before the competition until 2:30 the day of the competition.
Note: It is possible to park on the Fureai Park Horai grounds. Together, there are about a maximum of 700 parking spaces. However, there are cases in which you may be asked to use surrounding parking spaces because the grounds cannot be accessed when it rains.
- Event Date
- [Trail Run EXPO Opening Ceremony]
Saturday, April 6, 2019
[Okumikawa Power Trail Competition]
Sunday, April 7, 2019
Get directions on Google Maps
By Public Transport
- Yuya Onsen (Reservations in advance / Goal venue)
- Approx. 1 hr. and 15 min. from JR Toyohashi Station to Yuya Onsen Station (Take the Iida Line, 18 stations)
- Chausuyama Highlands (Start venue)
- Approx. 2 and 1/2 hr. from the Tomei Expressway Toyokawa I.C.
- Approx. 1 and 1/2 hr. from the Chuo Expressway Iida I.C.
- Approx. 1 hr. and 15 min. from the San-en Nanshin Expressway Horaikyo I.C.
- Approx 3 hr. from Nagoya City
- Approx. 1 and 1/2 hr. from Yuya Onsen
Yuya Onsen (Reservations in advance / Goal venue)
- Approx. 15 min. from the Shin-Tomei Expressway Shinshiro I.C.
- Approx. 10 min. from the San-en Nanshin Expressway Horaikyo I.C.